Saturday, January 22, 2011

Screwdrivers, salt, sawdust, shopping, and staple removal






Today we had "Load in Day" for the musical. Basically my day consisted of helping move walls, unscrewing pieces off the the floor in the front of the stage, help move more walls, help move a telephone pole in from the snow from the top of a roof, remove staples from a wall, help move a pirate ship, and then help move more walls. I could have opted to paint with many of the other girls, but I've always been one to want to use power tools and stick with the boys during construction projects. In high school I would always get mad when I was put on jobs like makeup or props during the set strike of musicals. Even though I'm tiny I know how to use a drill just like the rest of them! So instead today, I helped to do some of the other tasks. The telephone pole I mentioned earlier was lodged in tons of snow from yesterday's storm on top the roof outside the black box theater. One of the guys in the cast got the idea of using salt water to lodge it out. Like any resourceful college student, this resulted in about five or six of us ripping open salt packets stolen from the Union and pouring them into a cup. The looks on the faces of people around us were hysterical, but it ended up working!

After we were finally dismissed from load in, my roommate and three of our guy friends went to the mall. I spent the gift card my parents gave me for my birthday to get five new shirts and I also spent some birthday money on a gray jacket much to my surprise was only $26.24 instead of the $50 I thought I would have to spend. I definitely also just fell asleep when we went to go see a movie in town! It's been a long productive day in contrast with yesterday. I also got a delivery this morning while I was at load in! Beautiful flowers from "Your Airman" for my birthday!

And now, it's time for bed.

1 comment:

  1. You go, girl. Shortly after my sister and I bought a house in Denver, she and I and our roomie (with some help from Dennis and my dad, I'll admit it) built a shed in the backyard.

    Love the flowers. I'm glad your airman treats you well.

    ReplyDelete