Sunday, January 23, 2011

19 Lessons I've Learned in 19 Years

Recently I've become re-addicted to Stumble Upon. I remembered I had an account a couple weeks ago and have been using it a bunch ever since. One website it brought me to was about the "27 lessons I've learned in 27 years". After reading through what this person had to say I thought it would be do the same thing for myself. Especially over the past year I have come to learn a lot of really good valuable lessons. I have done a lot of growing up and maturing over the past year. A lot of it has to do with the fact that I am now on my own, but a lot of it also has to do with people that have come and gone in my life over the past year. So here it is, the 19 lessons I've learned.

1. Friendship is two-sided. If the other person is not willing to put in the work to maintain it, then you shouldn't stress yourself over it either, because it's not worth it.

2. Do what makes you happy. If this means going against the norm so be it.

3. Everything happens for a reason.

4. Never ever drink pink lemonade and then have vanilla pudding. Also never soak apples in salt water and then eat them.

5. Music can instantly change your mood. If you want to be in a better mood, put on some good music.

6. Kids respect you more if you treat them like equals, but still assert authority over them.

7. Hanging out with a bunch of guys doesn't always mean less drama, it just means a different kind of drama.

8. Talking or crying are the best ways to relieve stress.

9. Just because you have money doesn't mean you need to spend it.

10. Appreciate the little things and never take anything for granted.

11. Surround yourself with people that make you happy. Life's too short to hang around people that make you miserable. Also, surround yourself with people that make you laugh. Laughter is always the best medicine.

12. Stand up for yourself when needed, but also know when to back down.

13. Chocolate fixes everything.

14. The best relationships come out of friendship.

15. Know how to laugh at yourself. It makes the hard situations easier to handle.

16. It's okay to be alone sometimes. It's also okay to sit in a room with someone and not speak.

17. As much as it sucks to admit it, Mom and Dad usually know best. (I said usually Mom... :P)

18. Disney movies and Disney music never get old.

19. Never ever, ever pour water on a fire resulting from bacon grease. Use baking soda!

Today's picture is of my bulletin board in my dorm full of pictures of everyone who's been there for me throughout my life. And now, it's time to watch Anastasia with my roommate and write an Honors paper!

No comments:

Post a Comment