Monday, January 31, 2011

Mondayyy

Today was one of my full day of classes. I ended up missing my first class though because I got locked out of my room on my way to take a shower and had to wait for my roommate to get back to let me in! I missed Psychology of Childhood, but made it to Precalculus, then Honors and ended my classes for the day with Lighting Design.

Today was actually a really good class in lighting design. We began hanging lights and doing all the technical aspects of setting them up for one of the student's projects (there are actually only three students in my class). There were several points during the class where I felt really uncomfortable because I was up so high on the catwalk to do stuff with the lights, but all in all it wasn't so bad. The picture above is of the the theater I have my class in called the Pavilion Theater. It's this small octagon shaped building outside the library that is actually a lot bigger than it looks on the outside. I'm thinking maybe after this semester of learning lighting design I can help do lighting for my old community theater's show this summer.

Tonight I had rehearsal for Pirates again tonight. We had a sing through of the first act with the orchestra for the first time which was interesting. It will improve by showtime I'm sure!

Well, after an exhausting day I'm off to bed! Goodnight!

Sean and I in matching shirts
at Pirates rehearsal

2 comments:

  1. A pretty girl like you doing all the scary heights in lighting design class?! ha ha! Good for you! I'm glad you're enjoying it. You're surely NOT like your Mom who could barely find the right tool when it was time to strike the sets! I spent more time trying to find a place to hide! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get mad if I don't get to use tools during set strike! And yeah, I was pretty scared, but I tried not to look down...

    ReplyDelete