Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Bust a Move

 

Today I woke up in the mood to dance. After finishing some homework that I had put off doing the night before and had woken up early to do, I decided that putting on my Rockettes shirt would be an appropriate choice of attire. I've seen the Rockettes perform their Christmas show three times and watch them every year on the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. I love watching how well they all synchronize their movements. I've always thought how cool it would be to be one of them. Last year though, I found out that due to genetics I would never be able to become one. The height requirement is a minimum of 5'7'', and I am only 5'3''. So much for that dream!

Every once in a while I get in one of those happy moods where all I want to do is dance. I had a very busy day consisting of four back to back classes, a singing rehearsal for the musical, and then a real rehearsal. Backstage when there wasn't a whole lot to do I'd start doing really ridiculous dance moves. I've danced pretty much my whole life and sometimes it's just in my nature to want to bust a move. Although it's been a couple months since I've actually really danced choreography sometimes it's fun to just turn on some music really loud and dance around my room, and when I got home from rehearsal that's exactly what I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment