Monday, January 24, 2011

One of those theater kids


Today was cold. Negative twenty-five degrees to be exact. Bundling up in a flannel shirt, heavy sweater, winter jacket, wool socks with small socks, boots, gloves, and of course my mad bomber hat. Other than that I really have no complaints about the day, in fact I had a really good day.

After leaving rehearsal tonight I was smiling. I realized how happy I am to be in the musical production I am in. I am making a lot of really good friends. Although we did not spend a lot of time on stage today, I spent the majority of the rehearsal backstage talking with the other members of the cast. There are three people in particular that I have become close to and it just so happens that all of them have been students here for four or five years. Each of them are so confident with who they are and know their place in the world. I love talking to them because they always have something interesting to talk about. I also love how easily they have accepted me as someone to talk to. Dillon and I will make fun of each other back and forth, always exchanging witty comments. I also love just listening to Sarah and Sarah talk about their pasts and their experiences in past shows at UMaine. They're incredibly interesting people.

Aside from these three, I have made new friends with many of the other people in the cast. I have always been drawn to hanging out with people involved in band and theater. There's just something about these sorts of people that make me feel comfortable to be around. I feel as though I can be myself around these people and not be embarrassed. Theater and band people have always seemed more accepting and open. People involved in theater also have this air of self assurance that I love. It makes me feel more comfortable in my skin. Also, they usually have the best sense of humor. I find myself laughing the hardest just listening to a bunch of theater kids talk, there is rarely a dull moment.

Although there is a huge possibility that I will switch my major from theater I am sure that I will always keep it in my life no matter what. Performing is something I love to do more than anything, but also, I just love being one of those theater kids,

1 comment:

  1. From one theater kid to another, I just want to say, I love you.

    ReplyDelete