Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Makeover by Lyndsay (a blurb from my novel)

I typically never went out with my roommate, Lyndsay on her weekly escapades to a nearby club. It just wasn’t my kind of thing. Tonight was different though. I just wanted to let go of all the stress of the previous week with its numerous tests and papers as well as boyfriend problems. I just wanted to get out and dance. Lyndsay was more than thrilled when I told her. She quickly ran to her closet and started going through her entire wardrobe trying to find something for me to wear. After I while I finally decided on a short black sequined dress. On any other night I would have never chosen it, but tonight seemed to call for it.

I pulled on the dress and a pair of leggings underneath. I began to try to put my hair up, but I have always been pretty horrible at that type of thing so I asked Lyndsay for help. I swear I have never seen that girl wear her hair the same way twice in one week. She must have some sort of schedule worked out or something. I would never be able to find that many hairstyles that I would even come remotely close to being able to do. With no surprise I sat down and the hair genie worked her magic on my ridiculously straight brunette hair. She whipped out curling irons, straightening irons, hairspray, mousse, combs, and bobby pins galore. Just when I thought my head couldn’t take her tugging at my hair anymore, she told me she was finished. “Hey Lynds, while you’re at it want to just do my make up too?” I said, partly kidding, but mostly not. Luckily this took less time to do than my hair. Just a couple minutes and voila! I was done!

As I walked towards the mirror on the other side of our room, I was a little nervous as to what I might see. When I approached, I could hardly recognize the girl looking back at me. Her bright blue eyes seemed to sparkle. They were accentuated by a perfect blend of black, gray, and purple on her eyelids. Her eyelashes seemed a mile long. They’ve always been quite lengthy, but tonight especially there was definitely no mistaking this girl had eyelashes to go around. The freckles that spotted the bridge of her nose and across her cheeks no longer looked adorable as they had once been called, but now had their own strange sense of sex appeal. Her lips were full and carefully covered with a thin layer or light pink lip gloss. Her rich brown hair was perfectly curled. It looked as though she was a doll manufactured to look this way. Her bangs were precisely pinned up in a way that allowed for her hair to still flow, but stay out of her face in anticipation for the great amount of dancing to follow in the night to come. For once she actually looked kind of hot. The cut of the dress was revealing just enough cleavage to catch a person’s attention, but not too much so as to give off the illusion that she may be sexually promiscuous. Her butt was perfectly defined in this dress that hugged every curve. Her legs, holy cow, her legs. Freeman legs is what her mother had often called them. All the women on her mother’s side of the family had been blessed with them. Strong muscular legs. They looked phenomenal in the dress as well. The dress had definitely proved to be a good choice. Also, perhaps the leggings didn’t need to be worn tonight. The entire outfit was tied together with an outstanding pair of red high heels that she had bought on a whim several years ago and had never actually worn. I couldn’t believe this girl looking back at me in the mirror was actually me.

Snapping back to reality, I looked at Lyndsay and said with a lot of self-assurance in my voice, “Let’s do this! But first...” I took off the leggings. If I was going to look this hot tonight, I might as well go all out, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment